Home > Cuban Passport > Double Extension of Cuban Passport 100% Online

Double Extension of Cuban Passport 100% Online

Apr 10 , 2023

The Cuban passport extension procedure must be performed every two years once the passport has been issued. This document is valid for 6 years, but in all cases needs to be extended twice during this period ( in the second and fourth year of use) to be used as a travel document.

Those who are late for their first extension are required to apply for a double extension, i.e., to pay the amount of both extensions to access the second extension.

This procedure may be performed by any Cuban citizen both inside and outside the country, whenever certain requirements are met:

  • Having a passport close to expiration date (never less than 6 months prior to expiration date)
  • Having the relevant funds for two extensions and their handling fees (if by post mail)

This procedure is essential for Cubans residing in the United States (U.S.) who have not renewed their passport after the second year of validity and have not applied for the extension for more than four years.

Opapeleo highly recommends you to apply for the double extension when:

  1. Your passport is now more than four years old and you have not applied for an extension, you may find renewal more cost-effective rather than paying for a double extension of a passport which is about to expire. We leave this up to you.
  2. If you are still interested in applying for a double passport extension,please be informed that Opapeleo is located 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate in Washington DC offering a 100% online double passport extension service. To access click on the following link: https://tramites.opapeleo.com/prorroga-pasaporte-cubano

Steps to follow after logging in to the Opapeleo website when applying for the double extension:

  1. Click on Double Passport Extension
  2. Fill out the consular form required by the Cuban authorities.
  3. Confirm the provided information
  4. Proceed to the corresponding payment

You will immediately receive an email containing the detailed instruction sheet on the steps to be followed, together with the shipping label (already paid for). You must go to the USPS or FedEx post office with the printed label and ship your passport to us, with the label received clearly displayed on the envelope.

Opapeleo will provide you with SMS and email alerts for each step of the process, including:

  • Package reception
  • Delivery at the consulate
  • Consulate confirmation when your passport is ready
  • Tracking number for return

And last but not least:

  • We will let you know once your passport is delivered to your home.

If you prefer the telephone Opapeleo is the only agency operating seven days a week from 8am to 8pm; please call 202-800-4141 to complete the procedure.

About Us

Opapeleo is your agency for paperwork procedures 100% online or by phone. We are in Washington DC 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services of Extension and Cuban passport renewal, Legalisations, Powers of attorney of all kinds, Authorisation for minors to leave the country, DVT, Cuban visas, top-ups, requests for Cuban certificates, delivery of official documents and all kinds of procedures related to Cuba.

Most read

Save on photos and mail shipments. With Opapeleo, process your request remotely in minutes.

Email Opapeleo tramitación del pasaporte

Receive tips and news related to your Cuban passport.

You might also be interested…

Choose the service

Read each option carefully and select the one that interests you the most.

New Passport

If you never had it before, it’s gray, lost, or aired before 2010.

More info

Passport Renewal

Obtain a new passport presenting a blue or red passport that is about to expire or has already expired.

More info

Certificates issued in Cuba

Any Cuban can request any document or certificate issued in Cuba from any location worldwide

More info


Topup your phone quick and easy. Repeat your topups with a single click.

More info

HE-11 Entry Permit

If you left Cuba before January 1, 1971 you can apply for a HE-11 and enter Cuba with your American passport.

More info


Visa or Tourist Card for foreigners to travel to Cuba.

More info

Birth Certificate


More info

Legal Advice on all aspects of Cuban law

Receive personalised legal advice

More info


Legalization of different documents such as birth certificates, death certificates, etc.

More info

Temporary Travel Document

The temporary travel document is for traveling with a letter in lieu of a passport

More info


What our clients think about the services:
Opapaleo offers a variety of products and services to the Cuban and American communities
Share This
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.