As published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Cuba, a number of easing measures will be implemented for non-commercial imports by natural persons, called ” Rules for non-commercial imports by natural persons”, which include the following aspects:
- Define the non-commercial nature of the importation of miscellaneous items by their value and weight and by the diversity of the items to be imported, and not by physical quantities.
- Increase the amount of some items allowed to be imported. These include: cell phones, computers, tablets, tires and wheels.
- Increase the import limit for shipments from 10 kg to 20 kg.
- Decrease the value per kg from USD 20 to USD 10 and increase the exemption from 1.5 kg to 3 kg for items to which value-weight is applied.
- Decrease 70% of the customs tax payment (currently 100%, reduced to 30%).
Important: The provisions will come into force on August 15.
BelowOpapeleo provides you with the complete PDF document of the Official Gazette of the Republic of Cuba – July 28, 2022.
Opapeleo is your agency for procedures 100% online or telephone. We are in Washington DC 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services of Extension and Renewal of Cuban Passport, Legalizations, Powers of attorney all kinds of Authorization of minors to leave the country, Visas to Cuba, Top-ups, request of Cuban certificates, delivery of official documents and all types of procedures related to Cuba.