A consulate of a country represents an extension of the country to be represented outside its physical territory. In these institutions, the diplomatic mission of the country is in charge of providing information or services required by its citizens, emigrants or any person wishing to travel to the country or needing any kind of advice related to it. In today’s post you will find out everything you need to know about the consular procedures you can perform at the Cuban consulate in the USA.
Where is the US-Cuban consulate?
Cuba, like most countries, has a worldwide network of consulates and embassies. The Cuban Consulate in the United States is located in Washington DC.
- Address: 2639 16ST NW, Washington DC, 20009
- Phone number: 202 797 8515-18
- E-mail: [email protected]
The diplomatic mission has been inactive in terms of face-to-face procedures since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic but provides its services through postal mail, courier services or through its extensive network of agencies distributed across the United States, many of which provide services 100% online, as is the case of Opapeleo.
The Consulate charges a non-personal processing fee of USD 20 for using one of these remote methods. Minor children and elderly or disabled family members are exempted from this additional payment.
What kind of procedures can I perform at the Cuban consulate in the United States?
- Consular registration
- Passport Renewal
- First-time passport
- Passport extension (for passports issued before 1 July 2023)
- Travel and transit documents
- Residence Abroad (RE)
- Entry clearance with a foreign passport (HE11)
- Application for Permanent Residence in the National Territory
- The extension of stay abroad for more than 24 months is still an automatic condition and does not have to be processed at the consular offices.
- Birth transcript
- Transcription of Foreign Documents
- You can apply for the following certificates at the consulate or its agencies:
- Birth certificate
- Criminal Record Certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Certificate of divorce decree
- Death certificate
- Certificate of Single Status.
- Foreign Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship or its denial
- Certificate issued by educational institution
- Certificate of Legal Capacity for Marriage
Consular procedures for foreigners:
- Tourist visa (tourist card)
- Family visa (A-2)
- Journalist Visa (D-6)
- Business Visa (D7)
- Other visas
- Cuban citizenship application
Public costs of procedures and how to find out about them
- On the website misiones.cubaminrex.cu
- By contacting Opapeleo you will find out the current consulate and agency fees for the service you need.
Please make sure you use secure and traceable courier services.
Please note that the envelope you receive is personal, if you perform a procedure for more than one person you will receive different envelopes for each one of them.
Opapeleo is your agency for procedures 100% online or by telephone. We are in Washington DC 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services for the Extension and Renewal of Cuban passports, Legalisations, Powers of attorney of all kinds, Authorisations for minors to leave the country, DVT, Visas to Cuba, Top-ups, applications for Cuban certificates, delivery of official documents and all kinds of procedures related to Cuba.