All procedures related to the Cuban Passport, in the United States: Requirements, Application, Renewal, Extension, Consular Forms.
Cuban Passport is the official ID document used by Cuban citizens for international travel.
Whether resident in Cuba or abroad, all citizens must hold their Cuban Passport at the time of entry or exit from the national territory.
This is issued by the Ministry of the Interior for Official, Ordinary and Seaman’s Passports, Identity and Travel Certificates.
Diplomatic Passports are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Cuban Passport is for Cuban citizens who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Being resident on the island and travelling abroad on specific matters
- Being authorised to reside abroad
- Being Emigrated
- On request by national bodies or entities, be they political, social or public, to work abroad.
Cuban Consulates have adopted temporary measures due to the Coronavirus in force as of 19 March, as follows:
1. Consular procedures remotely will be enhanced
2. Cuban citizens who are currently abroad in countries where biometric data capture is being applied, will be able to obtain their passports without having to visit consulates and consular offices until 30 April of this year. For this purpose, they must use the application form available on the website of each Consulate or Consular Post, and comply with the photo and signature quality requirements. After the above-mentioned date, this measure will be re-evaluated in the light of the evolution of the international epidemiological situation.
3. Cuban citizens close to completing 24 months of uninterrupted stay abroad will not need to request extensions as of 19 March 2020 and will be able to remain outside Cuba until further notice, while maintaining their status as Permanent Residents in the national territory.
For further information, interested parties should contact the Consulate or Consular Office in their area. (www.minrex.gob.cu) Published by the official MINREX website as an informative note Mar192020 (Cuban Consulates adopt measures in the face of the spread of COVID-19)
Opapeleo Opapeleo can help you with all theproceduresrelated to your Cuban passport. Please do not hesitate to contact us!