Home / Cuban Passport / All about the Double Extension of the Cuban passport

All about the Double Extension of the Cuban passport

Sep 23 , 2022

What is the Double Extension of the Cuban passport?


Procedure for Renewal must be performed every two years following the passport issuance. Since the Cuban passport has a six-year validity and must be renewed on the second and fourth year, counting from the date of issuance of the document. Should the first renewal not be performed and the second one be requested in the fourth year, two renewals are required for the passport to be returned into force, this is known as Doble Extension or Doble Prorroga.

This procedure is essential for Cubans residing in the United States (U.S.) who have not upgraded their passport after the second year of issuance and have not applied for a renewal for more than four years.

Please note that:

If your passport has been valid for more than four years (six years in total) without having applied for a renewal, it is more convenient to renew your passport and obtain a new one rather than paying for two renewals on a passport that is due for renewal in the near future. We leave this up to you. In any case, Opapeleo is located 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate in Washington DC and is willing to assist you, simplifying your process.


How to apply for and obtain a double renewal of the Cuban passport?


Opapeleo provides this service 100% online to complete the process. Please clickhere. If you prefer to call by phone Opapeleo is the only agency operating seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; please call 202-800-4141.

To apply for this procedure, first of all you must select Passport Renewal in our website. Once there, please fill out the consular form required by the Cuban authorities, which you can find available on our platform. All that remains at this point is to confirm the information provided and then proceed to payment.

You will immediately receive an email containing both a detailed step-by-step instructions sheet and your prepaid shipping label. Please go to your USPS or FedEx office with the printed label and then send us your passport, making the label you received clearly displayed on the envelope.

Afterwards Opapeleo notifies you via SMS and email of each process, including: package receipt, delivery to the consulate, consulate confirmation that your passport is ready, tracking number for return and, finally, you will be notified when your passport is delivered to your home.

Opapeleo is youragencyfor procedures 100% online or by phone. We are in Washington DC 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services of Extension and Renewal of Cuban passport, , Legalizations, all types of Powers of Attorney, Authorizations for minors leaving the country, DVT, Visas to Cuba, Top-ups, request of Cuban certificates, delivery of official documents and all kinds of procedures related to Cuba.

Related News

Choose the service

Read each option carefully and select the one that interests you the most.

Passport extension

At 2 years (1st Extension) and 4 years (2nd Extension) from the date of issuance of your passport.

More info

Certificates issued in Cuba

Any Cuban can request any document or certificate issued in Cuba from any location worldwide

More info

Passport Renewal

Obtain a new passport presenting a blue or red passport that is about to expire or has already expired.

More info

New Passport

If you never had it before, it’s gray, lost, or aired before 2010.

More info


Topup your phone quick and easy. Repeat your topups with a single click.

Ver más

Stay Extension Abroad

Extend your stay abroad for 1, 2 or 3 months, so as not to lose your rights as a resident in Cuba.

More info

HE-11 Entry Permit

If you left Cuba before January 1, 1971 you can apply for a HE-11 and enter Cuba with your American passport.

More info


Visa or Tourist Card for foreigners to travel to Cuba.

More info


Legalization of different documents such as birth certificates, death certificates, etc.

More info

Temporary Travel Document

The temporary travel document is for traveling with a letter in lieu of a passport

More info


What our clients think about the services.
Opapaleo offers a variety of products and services to the Cuban and American communities
Share This
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.