Home / Cuban Passport / HE-11 Entry Permit / What is an HE-11 Visa and how can you get one?

What is an HE-11 Visa and how can you get one?

Jul 25 , 2022

All Cuban citizens who left Cuba before January 1, 1971 and wish to travel to the island with their U.S. passport are required to apply for this procedure. This entry permit is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance to enter Cuban territory for one entry only.

To submit your application, please send us the following documents:

  1. Completed and signed Consular Form.
  2. Two passport photos.
  3. Photocopy of U.S. passport.



An original document is required (always to be returned to you) proving that you left Cuba before the date mentioned above, which may be one of the following:

  1. The original Cuban passport that you used when leaving Cuba before 1971.
  2. Original U.S. Naturalization Certificate issued before December 31, 1975.
  3. In the event of not having any of the above documents we would need to authenticate any other document or proof that you could provide like: school registration records issued by the authorities of the state where you studied, document issued by the social security offices certifying the date of issue of your social security number, among other alternatives. In any case, the document shall be authenticated and issued by U.S. authorities; please contact us and we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding this procedure.

Opapeleo provides this service using a 100% online system by which you can complete the process by clicking here. To apply online please select the option of HE-11 Visa on the website. After filling in the requested information and checking it for accuracy please proceed with the payment and you will receive an email including your paid shipping label, your completed consular form, to be signed by you, and some instructions. Next, please go to a FedEx office and use the label to submit to us your signed form, the 2 passport photos and the proof of arrival in the USA before January 1, 1971. Once received at our offices Opapeleo notifies you by SMS and email of every step of your process all the way up to the day your application is ready and at your home.

If you prefer the telephone Opapeleo is the sole agency covering seven days a week from 8AM to 8PM; you can apply by calling 202-800-4141.

DELAY TIME. The procedure usually takes 21 to 30 days once all the documentation is received in our offices, however, these deadlines are subject to modifications.

Opapeleo is located 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate in Washington DC and is available to assist you, making all your procedures easier and faster by providing constant notifications of every step of the process.


Related News

Choose the service

Read each option carefully and select the one that interests you the most.

Passport extension

At 2 years (1st Extension) and 4 years (2nd Extension) from the date of issuance of your passport.

More info

Certificates issued in Cuba

Any Cuban can request any document or certificate issued in Cuba from any location worldwide

More info

Passport Renewal

Obtain a new passport presenting a blue or red passport that is about to expire or has already expired.

More info

New Passport

If you never had it before, it’s gray, lost, or aired before 2010.

More info


Topup your phone quick and easy. Repeat your topups with a single click.

Ver más

Stay Extension Abroad

Extend your stay abroad for 1, 2 or 3 months, so as not to lose your rights as a resident in Cuba.

More info

HE-11 Entry Permit

If you left Cuba before January 1, 1971 you can apply for a HE-11 and enter Cuba with your American passport.

More info


Visa or Tourist Card for foreigners to travel to Cuba.

More info


Legalization of different documents such as birth certificates, death certificates, etc.

More info

Temporary Travel Document

The temporary travel document is for traveling with a letter in lieu of a passport

More info


What our clients think about the services.
Opapaleo offers a variety of products and services to the Cuban and American communities
Share This
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.