All Cuban citizens who left Cuba before January 1, 1971 and wish to travel to the island with their U.S. passport are required to apply for this procedure. This entry permit is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance to enter Cuban territory for one entry only.
To submit your application, please send us the following documents:
- Completed and signed Consular Form.
- Two passport photos.
- Photocopy of U.S. passport.
An original document is required (always to be returned to you) proving that you left Cuba before the date mentioned above, which may be one of the following:
- The original Cuban passport that you used when leaving Cuba before 1971.
- Original U.S. Naturalization Certificate issued before December 31, 1975.
- In the event of not having any of the above documents we would need to authenticate any other document or proof that you could provide like: school registration records issued by the authorities of the state where you studied, document issued by the social security offices certifying the date of issue of your social security number, among other alternatives. In any case, the document shall be authenticated and issued by U.S. authorities; please contact us and we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding this procedure.
Opapeleo provides this service using a 100% online system by which you can complete the process by clicking here. To apply online please select the option of HE-11 Visa on the website. After filling in the requested information and checking it for accuracy please proceed with the payment and you will receive an email including your paid shipping label, your completed consular form, to be signed by you, and some instructions. Next, please go to a FedEx office and use the label to submit to us your signed form, the 2 passport photos and the proof of arrival in the USA before January 1, 1971. Once received at our offices Opapeleo notifies you by SMS and email of every step of your process all the way up to the day your application is ready and at your home.
If you prefer the telephone Opapeleo is the sole agency covering seven days a week from 8AM to 8PM; you can apply by calling 202-800-4141.
DELAY TIME. The procedure usually takes 21 to 30 days once all the documentation is received in our offices, however, these deadlines are subject to modifications.
Opapeleo is located 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate in Washington DC and is available to assist you, making all your procedures easier and faster by providing constant notifications of every step of the process.