Update on the main changes in the new measures related to the Cuban Passport
On the morning of May 16, 2023 Ernesto Soberón, Director General of Consular Affairs and Cubans Residing Abroad announced new consular measures related to the cost, validity or requirements for Cuban passports, passport extensions, etc. Opapeleo outlines the main points below:
- Extend the validity of the Cuban passport to 10 years for those older than 16 and 5 years for minors.
- Remove passport extension requirement. No more passport extensions
- Reduce the price for passports at consulates, setting the fee at 180 USD/Euros for those over 16 years of age and 140 USD/Euros for minors.
- In accordance with the new Constitution, to establish the use of the Cuban passport when entering Cuba for emigrants before 01/01/1971.
- Match the length of stay in Cuba of Cubans living abroad and their foreign relatives (spouses and children).
The extension of stay abroad, beyond 24 months, automatic and free of charge, announced in March 2020, with the objective of supporting Cubans who were abroad during the critical period of Covid-19, remains in force.
Opapeleo is your 100% online or by the phone procedures agency. We are located in Washington DC 150 meters from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services for extension and renewal of Cuban passports, legalizations, powers of attorney of all kinds, authorizations for minors to leave Cuba, DVT, visas to Cuba, recharges, requests for Cuban certificates, sending of official documents and all kinds of procedures related to Cuba.