Starting August 4, 2022, the purchase of foreign currency in banks and Cadecas, including the dollar in cash, will begin. Therefore, it should be noted that:
- For the time being, it is not possible to deposit dollars in cash in the MLC cards, neither to sell foreign currency to the population; according to the Minister of Economy and Planning, the sale of such currencies shall be announced in the near future.
- The exchange of foreign currency transactions from abroad or accounts in dollars into CUP may be requested.
- Transactions shall be performed over the bank window, not at ATMs.
- Electronic exchanges with CUP deposit will have a more favorable exchange rate than those exchanges where cash is received.
- The exchange rate of the Central Bank will be 1 USD for 120 CUP; however, in practice, the exchange rate will be around 110 CUP per trade margin.
- Banks’ commercial margins will be between 2 and 8%.
Opapeleo is your procedures agency 100% available online or by phone. We are in Washington DC 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services of Renewal and Extension of Cuban Passport, Legalizations, Powers of Attorney of all kinds, Authorization of departure of minors, Visas to Cuba, Top-ups, Request of Cuban certificates, delivery of official documents and all kinds of procedures related to Cuba.