Cuban Passport for the First Time applies to any Cuban citizen who meets one of these conditions:
- Cuban passport has never been issued.
- Cuban passport has expired but was issued prior to January 1, 2010 (please check the date of passport issuance on the photo page).
- Cuban passport has been held, but it was lost and there are no color photos of the document.
To apply for the Cuban Passport for the First Time please submit the following documents:
- Original birth certificate (it will be returned to you upon completion of the process). In case you don’t have it Opapeleo can assist you in obtaining your Cuban Birth Certificate.
- Completed and signed consular form.
- Two passport-size photos.
Providing other Cuban documentation such as identity card, driver’s license, account holder’s card, etc., shall facilitate the process of individual identification in Cuba, therefore, speeding up the process.
You should be aware that this procedure implies verification of your identity in Cuba. For this reason, it is essential that your addresses of residence in the Island and/or the reference in Cuba data listed in the consular form are accurate. Afterwards, you will have to inform your reference that an immigration officer will be visiting you in order to check your identity before proceeding with the passport approval. This verification step causes the process to take longer. For this reason, you should always keep a color copy of your Cuban passport in order to avoid having to process a Cuban Passport for the First Time in the event of loss. If you have a photo of your passport, this procedure is called Cuban Passport Renewal, which does not require identity verification and the passport is immediately submitted to the Consulate as soon as the Consulate receives our request.
Opapeleo provides this service for Cubans residing in the United States through a 100% online system whereby you can perform your procedure by clicking here. If you prefer to call by phone Opapeleo is the only agency operating 7 days a week from 8AM to 8PM; you can apply by calling 202-800-4141.