Last May 6, a series of new measures and a new procedure were put into effect regarding the expeditious obtaining of Cuban passport extensions for Cubans residing in the United States.
The new features are focused on facilitating the process for the applicant and thus avoiding bureaucratic and time-consuming processes in obtaining extensions for this travel document. This is always to the requirements of Cuban law for passport extensions, which in its six years of life must be extended every two years.
Now, in addition to being faster and more functional for the customer, the process can also save him/her worries in the long run, since it allows him/her to make one or both extensions at the time of the passport creation, or at any time after the time required by law for the completion of each one. Since last May you can make the 2 extensions at any time during the life of the Passport until July 1, 2023. After that, prices will change as well as the duration of the passports.
What Should You Know About the New Procedure?
- The extension keeps the stamp format that is printed on the passport.
- The cost of the stamp or sticker for each extension will be 200 USD, as established by the Consulate in its contract with the agencies.
How Will Agencies Such as Opapeleo Handle it From the New Procedure Onwards?
The consulate sells the empty stamps or stickers to directly outsourced to wholesale agencies, such as Opapeleo. This allows agencies to manage the extension more quickly for the good of the customer.
If you extend your passport, the consulate does not have to intervene and the process is more efficient and faster.
In the case of Opapeleo you can manage your extension online, for this you only have to access the link. You will receive the sticker(s) within 48 hours after placing the order. You can also access Overnight and receive them the next day. The shipping cost will be based on the option chosen by the client.
How to Apply for a Cuban Passport Extension Once the New Procedure Has Been Implemented?
With the new measures you no longer need to submit your passport for the extension, now the extension stamp can be delivered to you, which you can place in your passport yourself.
What are the ways to get the extension quickly?
- ONLINE: Click on our website. Enter your name, date of birth, phone, email and passport number. You must also provide your address for the extension to be sent to you. This online procedure will take no more than 4 minutes to complete.
- PHONE: You can call us at 202-800-4141 from 8 am to 8 pm throughout the week. Our operators will be available to process your order over the phone, and as with the online route, the Fedex envelope will be delivered to you that same day with the completed sticker inside.
- WASHINGTON AND HIALEAH FLORIDA: You can also visit our Washington office in Washington, D.C., 150 meters from the Cuban Consulate. In any of our offices the extensions are ON THE FLY, so we look forward to hearing from you:
Opapeleo Head Office
2655 15th St NW Suite 2
Washington, DC, 20009
From now on, the Opapeleo office for on the fly extensions is available for the convenience of our customers in South Florida at the following address:
4311 Palm Ave Suite 2
Hialeah, FL 33012
Opapeleo is your agency for paperwork procedures 100% online or by phone. We are in Washington DC 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services of Extension and Cuban passport renewal, Legalisations, Powers of attorney of all kinds, Authorisation for minors to leave the country, DVT, Cuban visas, top-ups, requests for Cuban certificates, delivery of official documents and all kinds of procedures related to Cuba.