As of March 6, 2022, the Cuban Consulate has significantly simplified the process for authorizing a child’s departure and issuing a passport for a minor in Cuba. Now we can complete the entire procedure in just 10 days once your notarized document is received at Opapeleo.
What is required?
- Valid and unexpired Cuban passport.
- Legible photocopy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Legible photocopy of the child’s card, the first page with the child’s name and card number and the page with the child’s address of residence in Cuba.
How is the process?
- Opapeleo prepares your document in English and Spanish.
- You will receive it by email with a FedEx shipping label addressed to us. This email includes specific instructions for the process.
- Please print both the power of attorney and the shipping label.
- Submit the power of attorney to a notary, sign it and then send it to us using the FedEx label you received.
- You can send us the photocopies of your Cuban passport, the child’s birth certificate and the child’s card by SMS as described in the instructions.
- Opapeleo collects your completed application from the consulate and returns it to you via FEDEX. Please note: This document must be sent to Cuba by you for its use.
To begin the process please click here to start the process. A representative from Opapeleo will contact you to complete the text of the power of attorney.