Home > Cuban Consulate Legal Authorizations > Simplification of the notarial passport procedure for minors

Simplification of the notarial passport procedure for minors

Mar 8 , 2022

As of March 6, 2022, the Cuban Consulate has significantly simplified the process for authorizing a child’s departure and issuing a passport for a minor in Cuba. Now we can complete the entire procedure in just 10 days once your notarized document is received at Opapeleo. Here is everything you need to know to apply for a notarial passport for minors who want to leave Cuba.

What do I need to apply for a notarial passport for minors?

  • Valid and unexpired Cuban passport.
  • Legible photocopy of the child’s birth certificate.
  • Legible photocopy of the child’s card, the first page with the child’s name and card number and the page with the child’s address of residence in Cuba.

How is the process?

  1. Opapeleo prepares your document in English and Spanish.
  2. You will receive it by email with a FedEx shipping label addressed to us. This email includes specific instructions for the process.
  3. Please print both the power of attorney and the shipping label.
  4. Submit the power of attorney to a notary, sign it and then send it to us using the FedEx label you received.
  5. You can send us the photocopies of your Cuban passport, the child’s birth certificate and the child’s card by SMS as described in the instructions.
  6. Opapeleo collects your completed application from the consulate and returns it to you via FEDEX. Please note: This document must be sent to Cuba by you for its use.

To begin the process please click here to start the process. A representative from Opapeleo will contact you to complete the text of the power of attorney.


About Us


Opapeleo is your agency for procedures 100% online or telephone. We are in Washington DC 150 meters away from the Cuban Consulate. We provide services for the Extension and Renewal of Cuban PassportLegalisations, Powers of attorney on all kinds, Authorisations for minors to leave the country, DVT, Visas to CubaTop-ups, applications for Cuban certificates, delivery of official documents and all kinds of procedures related to Cuba.

Most read

Save on photos and mail shipments. With Opapeleo, process your request remotely in minutes.

Email Opapeleo tramitación del pasaporte

Receive tips and news related to your Cuban passport.

You might also be interested…

Choose the service

Read each option carefully and select the one that interests you the most.

New Passport

If you never had it before, it’s gray, lost, or aired before 2010.

More info

Passport Renewal

Obtain a new passport presenting a blue or red passport that is about to expire or has already expired.

More info

Certificates issued in Cuba

Any Cuban can request any document or certificate issued in Cuba from any location worldwide

More info


Topup your phone quick and easy. Repeat your topups with a single click.

More info

HE-11 Entry Permit

If you left Cuba before January 1, 1971 you can apply for a HE-11 and enter Cuba with your American passport.

More info


Visa or Tourist Card for foreigners to travel to Cuba.

More info

Birth Certificate


More info

Legal Advice on all aspects of Cuban law

Receive personalised legal advice

More info


Legalization of different documents such as birth certificates, death certificates, etc.

More info

Temporary Travel Document

The temporary travel document is for traveling with a letter in lieu of a passport

More info


What our clients think about the services:
Opapaleo offers a variety of products and services to the Cuban and American communities
Share This
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.